Wednesday 30 October 2019

Armies on Parade: Skaven

It seems this is the year in which I am crossing off my list many projects!
I made big efforts at the beginning of the year to improve my painting speed and I can really see it is paying back as I am able now to paint fast and with acceptable quality. Of course that means that I did some horrible things along the way, but hey, at least they are painted.
In any case I am already over 100 miniatures painted this year and still two months left to go!

This post is wrapping up the extended Skaven project.
Originally, I closed this project back in 2017. But, after I decided to extend the army to match a 4,500 point army for The Ninth Age, I needed to paint and base a few additional figures.
Well, here is the full painted Army in all its stinking glory!

I am quite happy at the speed and quality I managed to maintain while painting the last stretch. It was roughly a little bit over a month to paint almost 40 miniatures including several big ones.

Here is the mega list of the whole Army:
  • Tyrant on Monstrous Rat
  • 1 Battle Standard Bearer
  • 1 Skrolk Lord of Plague
  • 1 Ikit Claw Chief Engineer
  • 1 Snikch Assasin Deathmaster
  • 1 Gnawdoom Greyseer
  • 1 Thanquol Greyseer
  • 1 Queek Head-taker Chieftain
  • 1 Vermindaemon
  • 1 Hero Engineer
  • 1 Assasin
  • 60 Clanrats with Command Group
  • 1 Extra Clanrat Standard Bearer
  • 22 Slaves with Standard Bearer
  • 29 Stormvermin with Command Group
  • 1 Stormvermin General
  • 18 Plague Monks with Command Group
  • 1 Extra Plague Monk Standard Bearer
  • 4 Giant rat handlers
  • 36 Giant rats
  • 15 Gutter Runners
  • 8 Poison Wind Gobladiers
  • 10 Plague Censer Bearers
  • 5 Rat Ogres
  • 1 Screaming Bell
  • 3 Warpfire Thrower Teams
  • 4 Warplock Jezzails
  • 2 Doomwheel
  • 1 Warp-Lightning Cannon
And here are a bunch of slightly blurred photos of them in battle formation.








No comments:

Post a Comment