Wednesday 16 October 2019

Genestealer Cult Army

Back in March I posted for the last time about 40K. There, I showed my Genestealer Cult Kill Team and I hinted at the fact that I was planning to grow it into a full sized 40K Army.

Well, in the meantime I have painted over 100 Fantasy miniatures and the whole Space Hulk, but none of my new GC Army. At least I managed to snitch all of the necessary figures second hand at bargain prices... small victories :)

At the moment I have 23 painted miniatures for the Army, which is not too bad considering the fact that the Army has almost 90!
The guidelines I kept in mind while building a 2,000 point list were:
  • lots of Genestealers
  • very little or no Heavy Support / Tanks

I like the idea of the Cult being mostly on foot and being led by a massive force of Genestealers with the Patriarch screaming ahead, so that was the first thing I put in the list.
After that I added a few of the miniatures I'd like to have, such as the Aberrants with an Abominant. To top it off a few basic squads of cultists with some of the nice heroes like the Primus, Clamavus and Kelermorph. To round up the points I added a few Tyranids to provide a bit of Physic support and some Swarms to hold off some Troops.

Even though I did not want to have too many tanks, in the end, I could not resist the idea of having one single tank, if it is a massive beast like the Stormsword! I always wanted to have one Baneblade and I never managed to add it to my Imperial Guard. To be honest, back in the day, the miniature was not available in plastic like today so it was much more difficult... In any case, the Baneblade is the only thing I have not bought yet and I consider it a 2020 project, because I want to build it properly so I have the eight variants, also known as the Octablade.

Here is the list, what do you think about it?

1) Tyranid Battalion Detachment - Hive Fleet Kraken
  • HQ
    • Broodlord
    • Neurothrope
  • Troops
    • 20 Genestealers (2 painted)
    • 20 Genestealers
    • 3 Ripper Swarms
2) Genestealer Cult Battalion Detachment - Cult of the Four-Armed Emperor
  • HQ
    • 1 Abominant
    • 1 Patriarch (painted)
    • 1 Primus (painted)
  • Troops
    • 10 Brood Brothers (painted)
    • 10 Brood Brothers
    • 10 Brood Brothers
  • Elites
    • 10 Aberrants (4 painted)
    • 1 Clamavus
    • 1 Kelermorph
3) Imperial Guard - Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
  • Lord of War
    • Stormsword


First thing I am painting, after assembling all of it, is the Broodlord and the Genestealers... I have 2 painted so only 38 left to go! Can I do that before the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment