Monday 14 October 2019

Tyrant on Monstrous Rat

This post makes me quite happy as it marks the very last one I plan to have for a painted skaven. I want to make another one with a group photo, but it won't be because I have just painted another figure.
This is also a significant milestone in 2019 as not only I have finished my goals for the year, but also one of the stretch goals! And I have painted almost 150 figures now... let's see how far can I go.

I have labelled this as oldhammer even though it is clearly not, but I just want to keep the whole army under one label. It is the figure from Forgeworld but I have decided to paint it using the same techniques as for the rest of the army, making sure it fits well with them.

The rat is pretty massive and it is way bigger than its base size, I was forced to buy a new case to transport it together with the cannon as they are both simply way too big for a regular case.

I painted this one with a white basecoat which I don't usually have because most of it is skin and I did many layers of washes and some dwarf flesh to get that (hopefully achieved) putrid look.

It's quite difficult to make good pictures due to the size, when one part is in focus the other side is out of it, so I have made tons of pictures to try and capture it. I hope you like it.

I am already working on the next stretch goal, let's see how that goes...

Painted in 2019















No comments:

Post a Comment