Friday 4 October 2019

Warp-Lightning Cannon

Today I am sharing the last Warmachine that I plan to paint -ever- for my Skaven Army, a Warp-Lightning Cannon.
And the only one that is not really an oldhammer model. While it is true that I have a few more recent models in the Army, here and there, I did not have until now a big one such as this Cannon. Unfortunately, both for T9A and for more recent versions of Fantasy, a Cannon is a must-have for the rats and there is no alternative model unless I build it myself, and I did not want to do that...
Therefore, I have done the next best thing, get one of the recent models and attach a classic figure to it as master.
As I am basing all of the warmachines, I put it on a round 75mm base to follow the T9A guidelines, although I must say it is way too small for this figure.

I have used the same techniques I used for the other warmachines, that is, to pain it mostly with different shades of brown and go heavy on the weathering, rust and similar effects. While that is quite easy and fast to do, in the end it took me much more than what I thought simply because of the sheer size of it. It really stands out when placed next to my Army as it is easily twice the size of the Vermindaemon! You will see that on the family picture I will make after I paint the last miniature I have on the list, which is the Tyrant on Monstrous rat that I am already painting...

Painted in 2019







No comments:

Post a Comment