Friday 25 October 2019

Genestealer Cult conversions

From the Army list I showed previously, there were a few miniatures that I did not manage to buy/find second hand.

Originally, I was not planning on buying a full 40K Army, but once I decided to do it, I wanted to keep the costs as low as possible as well as sticking to a very fixed restrictive list and avoiding going all-in and ending up buying all of the Codex troops... with that I mind, I bought all miniatures second hand for 40%-60% of the retail price. To keep the price low, I really could not afford buying a whole box just to keep a handful of miniatures, so it was time to dig into the bits box and greenstuff...

One of the figures I needed was a Neurothrope, and they are sold only in a box which I did not want to buy, so after browsing a bit the web I found this great post that gave me the inspiration to build my own.
As I did not have access to all the components mentioned there, I improvised a bit. Instead of using a Trygon head crest I used a crest from a Warrior and a few other bits. And instead of a Warrior tail section, I used a Warrior gun. In the end, I managed to get a somehow reasonable result. The miniature is less bulky than the original model and somehow it reminds me of a Zerg, which is anyway more or less a Tyranid, that's why I hope that once painted is ok.





Maybe I just need to make the back part of the brain bulkier. I will think about it.

There is also an Aberrant unit of 10, but I have only 9, although there are plenty of Hybrid Metamorphs lying around... therefore, I just took a pair of legs and added lots of greenstuff on top to model a huge torso, appropriate for an Aberrant. To top it off, I added an Aberrant head and a Power Hammer.
I think this one turned out more or less fine.





Lastly, I wanted to have a Kelermorph, but you can only find him in the Kill Team box, which I did not want to buy just for one single mini, therefore, another conversion was needed... I took a Hybrid Metamorph, gave him three cool looking guns (one of them from the Delaque gang), a backpack full of stuff and with greenstuff I modelled the robes. Out of the three, this is the one I like the most.




I have also done some minor conversions with greenstuff, like adding a new head to a classic Space Crusade Genestealer, but I will just show them when they are painted as there is not much to say about those conversions.
Now, onto the painting table!

No comments:

Post a Comment