Tuesday 20 August 2019

Expanding the Skaven Army

Having completed my year goals it is time to go for extra milestones!

In an earlier post I shared my plans to extend my Skaven Army to be able to field a 4,500 points The Ninth Age Vermin Swarm Army.
Originally, I planned on buying the following miniatures:
  • 10 Clanrats
  • 10 Vermin Guard
  • Tyrant on Monstrous Rat
  • One Dreadmill
  • One Lightning Cannon
  • 13 + 16 Gutter Runners (to be used also for Footpads)
  • Two Plague Censer Bearers
After some eBay madness as well as some visits to my dear The Oldhammer Trading Company Facebook Group, I managed to acquire the following:
  • 10 Plastic Clanrats
  • 9 Classic Stormvermin
  • 8 Classic Gutter Runners
  • 4 Plague Censer Bearers
  • 1 Classic Doomwheel
  • 1 new Tyrant on Monstrous Rat from ForgeWorld
  • 1 Classic Boneripper (Thanquol's Rat Ogre)
  • 1 new Plastic Warp-Lightning Cannon
And a few extras that I have put on my sale page.

That is basically everything I wanted to get, even a little extra, save for the Gutter Runners for which I should get a few more. In any case, for now, I have decided to leave it as is and will start painting them right away.
At the same time I decided to add bases for all of my warmachines, that includes the already painted Doomwheel and Screaming Bell.

Here are some pics of the individual units.











I really hope to be able to paint them in the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment