Tuesday 13 April 2021

Blood Bowl: Black Orcs

Behold the Gloomfangz Rebelz!


The team is inspired by the Berlin Rebels from the GFL.
When I bought the Blood Bowl Second Season box, I had an idea to paint the teams matching some real-life teams as I usually do, but trying to find teams that are either in the same city or very close-by so that they can play against each other in a local derby.
In the end I chose the  Berlin Rebels and the Potsdam Royals. Both teams play the same league and they are conveniently located next to each other.

After having chosen the real teams, I then took a look at a map of the Old World to find them a suitable spot. I needed to find a relatively big Imperial city in the vicinity of some Orc tribe.


Take a closer look at Talabecland. It is a big city, big enough to host a few Blood Bowl teams, including Nobility, and to top it all the colours are yellow and red, like the Potsdam Royals! To the North of the city there is an Orc & Goblin Tribe, the Gloomfangs. That ended up being the natural choice for my Black Orc team.

The only downside for the Orcs is the poor selection of colours the Rebels have, they are white and grey so not too much to pick from when painting them! I think I paid the price of that choice as the team is not looking as good as it could. I could have chosen different colours of course and just use the logo, but I liked the idea of representing the real Berlin vs Potsdam. After all, Berlin is quite grey and black so that is at least accurate :)









More pictures can be seen in each of the individual posts:
All painted in 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment