Tuesday 9 March 2021

BB Second Season Challenge (III)

Finally, after an extra week of time, here are the first three orcs from the Black Orc team to continue the challenge.

You can see the painted orcs from DarthBLU here, and you can vote here (forum in spanish only).

I have had lots of fun painting them and for the first time in a long time I have tried new techniques! After over 25 years painting I realized the other day that I learnt most of what I know in the first five years and since then I am just using them over and over... so it was about time I learnt and tried something new!

For these guys I decided to try painting the armour using the stippling technique as shown here and for both the metals and the skin I tried glazes and wet blending. In particular, for the skin I used this video from the great josedavinci as a base.
I am particularly happy about how the metals turned out, although to be honest the photos I managed to take are really bad, even though I started to use Lightroom and Photoshop to try and improve them... I still did not see much improvement.

The colour scheme is based on the Berlin Rebels from the GFL, so that they can play against the Potsdam Royals, which is a suitable team to base my Nobility on!
The team colours are white and grey so not too much to pick from when painting them! Still, I think they look ok, after the extra weathering I applied, without it they were looking quite bland.
The skin looks kind of ok, but still lots of room for improvement.

Painted in 2021















No comments:

Post a Comment