Monday 2 July 2018

Doombull and Aekold Helbrass (II)

For my Pantheon of Chaos project, I have decided to rebase Aekold and the Doombull to make them fit with the style of the band.
I am going to use Age of Sigmar style bases, because they make the models look better. By that I mean round bases following the rough sizing guidelines for Age of Sigmar, because they are usually bigger than what you would need, and that gives a bit more room for making nicer bases.

I wanted to find a method that would be fast and would render good results for the basing, as I am a bit tired of the basing technique I followed for my Skavens and Sons of Horus, and since I was a bit curious about the new Textured Paints from Games Workshop, I decided to experiment with them and I am quite happy with the result.
The best thing about it is that I do not really need to "paint" the base, but simply lay over the textured paint and let it dry.
I am using a mix of Agrellan Badland and Agrellan Earth, but without mixing both paints, just applying them separately.

This is the step-by-step guide:
  1. paint the whole base with a dark brown colour, because it will show through the cracks
  2. glue all the details of the base (shields, skulls...)
  3. paint the details
  4. apply Agrellan textured paint, I usually put Badland first, around 2-3 mm thick and then Earth, around 1-2 mm thick
  5. Let it dry for at least 6 hours(usually overnight)
  6. Apply flock
As you will notice, the whole Pantheon of Chaos miniatures will be painted used simplified NMM, and without using any metallic paint. The Doombull has plenty of metallics, so I plan to adapt it at a later stage, but for now the rebase is enough work on an already painted miniature.


Rebased in 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment