Monday 25 June 2018

Tyrion

I am really happy to share this post today because it is another milestone reached, the third objective for the year is accomplished!

For this year, I needed to paint all the Sons of Horus, Tyrion, the remaining Blood Bowl figures and start my Pantheon of Chaos miniatures. Right now only the Pantheon is missing, and it is already on the painting table, so it is safe vet that I will make all the objectives this year!

Tyrion is the first -ever- high elf that I have painted, it only took me 23 years to start. Previously I had only painted Dark Elves or Wood Elves.

He joins my small collection of villains and heroes of Fantasy, next to Aekold Helbrass, the Doombull, a Trollslayer, Harry the HammerMorglum Necksnapper, Archaon and the Green Knight.

I have decided not to use a mini diorama as a base but rather keep it simple, with some foliage and regular basing flock so that the focus remains on the figure itself.

As for the style, I have tried simple NMM, with not too much contrast and keeping the scheme simple yet powerful, white, blue and gold.
All the gems have a thin layer of gloss varnish.
For the horse cloth I tried a simple geometric decoration with a lighter blue, although it looks to me that it is difficult to see it with the photos I did.

I am quite happy with the result, although there are some areas in which I could have done a better work of the layering and highlighting. The best thing about this miniature has been the chance to change from the tedious work of painting Sons of Horus :D

Painted in 2018







No comments:

Post a Comment