Monday 23 July 2018

Tainted Troll

I have to say that when I bought this miniature as part of the Kickstarter, I was not really sure whether I wanted it or not, as I was mainly after the Chaos Thugs and Warriors and the extra Monsters were just an additional perk. In the end I am really happy I got it because I had lots of fun painting it and it is now my favourite figure -so far- of the whole Pantheon!
It is a lovely sculpt and full of little details that really add make this figure stand out.

I used the paint scheme I tested previously this year in a BB troll, even though almost all Tainted Trolls that I have seen are some shade of green, I still decided to go with this cold grey/blue colour scheme.

I took extra care with the skin by adding some little details in the places where the flesh is in touch with the grey/blue areas, and also by adding specks of grey to the mushrooms, to try and make it a coherent scheme.

I applied several highlights on the face but I really did not want to make it too bright and make sure the overall look is dark.
It was not easy to make a photo of the face because it is crouched, but I think I managed to capture it in the last one.

I hope you like it

Painted in 2018










No comments:

Post a Comment