Monday 9 July 2018

Festemus

Today's update is a great post!

Not only this is the final milestone of the year in which I complete the fourth objective, which was, start Pantheon of Chaos, but also I get to paint my favourite miniature of the whole set, and the main reason why I bought it!
I can't believe that I decided to start the project back in March, 2017, but only in July, 2018 I have been able to paint one figure!

I have spent many hours layering and weathering this miniature using different shades, pigments and green tones, although now that I look at the photos, it is hard to tell :)

After a quick WhatsApp review done by my brother, he suggested more contrast added to the armour, as it does not stand out, but I wanted it to be green as well, to have a kind of putrid feel to it, so in the end I settled with an extra layer of highlights with yellow, so it is a little bit brighter.
The rest of the figure is painted with all the greens I could get my hands on, layered with some orange for rust and brown for putrid stuff. The little guy on the left side is painted with a bright green as a contrast to the darker shade of green of his buddy.

All in all it's a great miniature and definitive one of my favourite Chaos champions!

The base has been done as explained in the previous post.

Painted in 2018





It's difficult to get a face shot of this guy as he is looking down!

No comments:

Post a Comment