Monday 12 December 2022

Dreadnought (III)

This is the fourth Contemptor Dreadnought I have painted. First two were painted in 2016 and the third in 2017. When painting the third one I mentioned I was not planning on getting it and for sure I was not planning on getting a fourth one! But I could not pass on the weapon options that the new box brings, so I decided to paint it.

The model itself is quite a level-up from the old one. You can basely pose it in almost any position you want. I also magnetized all weapon options as usual.

This time I used a different technique. I painted base colours and used quite freely enamel washes, pigments and white spirit to achieve the end result I wanted. Overall it was ten times faster than my previous method and managed to get similar results. I limited the amount of time spent on highlights, glazing or other refinements to make sure it still fits well with my older models. Also the weathering was limited compared to my previous Dreadnoughts, overall I am quite happy with the result.





I doubt I will ever play with four Contemptors but I might try one day when I have the Leviathan to play only with Dreadnoughts, I am sure my opponent will love it!

Painted in 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment