Friday 24 June 2022

New Horus Heresy edition

A long time ago, in June 2018, I published an Armies on Parade post about my Sons of Horus.

With almost 150 miniatures I thought this project was over, but I was wrong! A project is probably never over-over, it is on hold until a new possible update comes through.

Last year I got a Falchion Super Heavy Tank as a present, but it has been sitting on my storage since then, together with Maloghurst the Twisted. With the revamped edition of Horus Heresy and the lovely new miniatures, I got onboard the hype train for the Heresy once again, and that gave me the boost to start the project again!

I have decided to purchase the basic box and will be painting the following:

  • Praetor with Power Axe
  • Contemptor Dreadnought
  • 10 MKVI Legion Tactical Marines
  • Spartan Assault Tank
I know, my Army does not need any of those, but:
  • I wanted to paint at least one new Praetor
  • I already have three Contemptors, but the new one has new weapon combinations...
  • I do not have many beakies so I wanted at least one tactical squad
  • lastly, I already own a Spartan but I would like to have another one to be able to field two in a full Terminator Army.
Therefore, please expect some Sons of Horus appearing in the blog in the next few months.

After these, I am looking forward to the new Leviathan Dreadnought as well as the Kratos, but first I want to finish this batch...

As for my goal of painting all miniatures I own that I started in 2008, I am happy to report that before this purchase, only 4 miniatures were pending (2 from Lord of the Rings, 1 Chaos Champion on horse and 1 Sumothay 54mm). Therefore, the timing is quite good, I am not really done with all, but close enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment