Wednesday 4 May 2022

Perturabo


I originally started this blog to showcase my collection of Primarchs, although it has grown into a full-blown hobby blog.

The last Primarch I painted for my collection was way back in 2015, when I shared Konrad Curze, primarch of the Night Lords. I am not counting the second Angron I painted in 2020 for a friend.

Well, finally, the wait is over, and today I am happy to share the next one: Perturabo, primarch of the Iron Warriors!

I have had him for quite a few years, but never got the time to paint him as I was busy going over my pile of shame.

I chose to paint him in the same way I have painted other primarchs, NMM for the primarch itself and TMM for base and other marines.

The base of Perturabo is quite imposing as it shows a destroyed Knight. I painted this one with lots of drybrush, washes and stippling to achieve this faded, destroyed look.

Perturabo is the first primarch I have painted using a wet palette to take advantage of easier wet blending, which lets me do better NMM and glazing. Still, in my case, this means a poor attempt at NMM where I think I have managed to achieve what I wanted to do in like one or two places, everything else is just wrong :) Additionally I have tried OSL on the face using an orange fluor paint and also failed at that. Just means that I need to keep on practicing...

I hope you like him as much as I had fun painting him!

Next I will do some batch speed painting to take it easy...

Painted in 2022









No comments:

Post a Comment