Wednesday 21 October 2020

Angron (II)

It has been roughly five years since I painted Angron for the first time. In fact, it was the very first primarch I bought and one of the reasons I opened the blog.
Today, I am sharing here another Angron that I have just painted. This one is not for my personal collection but rather for a friend that asked me to paint it for him.
I have decided to use metallic colours this time to match the original Forge World scheme.
Also the marines that are being killed are from the Sons of Horus and from Emperor's Children because those are the Legions that we have in the little gaming group we have for Horus Heresy.
It was real fun painting another primarch after so long and I am looking forwars to paint Perturabo in 2021.

Somehow the photos are really blurry and one cannot appreciate any detail, but I can assure you it is not as bad painted as it looks like. I am particularly happy with how the dead marines turned out as well as the skulls, fur and skin. I am not so happy with Angron's face, something around the eyes did not turn out nicely. In the pictures it looks like the eyes are simple splotches of black paint...

Painted in 2020













And here is a comparison of both Angrons.
I can clearly see now that the Angron I originally painted was not positioned correctly, neither the hands nor the marines. Same thing for the sword that I never attached.



No comments:

Post a Comment