Wednesday 16 March 2022

Eddie

For today I have something special. A limited edition of Eddie from Iron Maiden, used in the cover of the Somewhere in Time album. It was sculpted by Diego Serrate and as far as I know it was a one-off and no longer available.

I think this was released as a way to get extra funds to start printing some miniatures, but I forgot the original reason. I anyway decided to support Diego as he sculpts and provides always excellent service and miniatures. I bought and painted his first Kickstarter, the Pantheon of Chaos, a while back. At the same time painting a figure for one of my favourite bands was something I could not pass on!



The miniature is quite small, see the pictures below for a comparison with a 2-cent coin. Some of the details are roughly sculpted although there were no mold lines or other errors that needed to be fixed with green stuff.

I decided to paint it following the same colours as in the picture shown above. Again, I wanted to maximize contrast to achieve a striking effect. So, I settled on using NMM for the metals and a high contrast between dark/light muscles for the exposed skin. The whole miniature was painted in roughly 2 hours which is a very good time for me.

For the base, I chose the same style as for my Walking Dead miniatures, adding a few leaves, a newspaper and an empty beer bottle. I might end up using it to fight off zombie hordes.

This is just the third miniature painted this year, I really need to pick up my pace if I am to achieve my year-end goals!

Painted in 2022






2 comments:

  1. Well done, it's an exquisite miniature I was happy to paint as well. It's a sculpt from Lux Thantor for Diego though :
    https://lux-thantor-miniatures.mozello.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply, I did not know about that, I always thought Diego was the sculptor. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete