Wednesday 6 March 2019

Space Hulk: Genestealers (I)

I think this is a good moment for me to tackle Space Hulk just after having painted the Genestealer Cult Kill-Team. The recipe is fresh in my mind and I got used to painting them.
Initially, I was planning on following this recipe but in the end I followed the same one I outlined here.
In any case, here are the first six Genestealers ready to eat some Terminators.
There is nothing much to add regarding the painting technique used aside from the fact that the red of the Terminator armour was done with Terracota and then highlight with Mephiston Red from Games Workshop and mixing Fiery Orange for edge highlight.
For the ones that are either on the floor or in the claws of the Genestealers I decided not to put any blood or any chapter markings as I painted them as old trophies and remains of ancient battles, and therefore, time has faded all of those markings and the blood could not be fresh. Also, it makes it much faster to paint.

Painted in 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment