Wednesday 24 April 2024

Frosthaven (I)

A few years ago I backed up the kickstarter of Frosthaven. I had played quite a bit of the original Gloomhaven so when I saw the announcement I knew I wanted to jump right in.

With about 16 missions played so far I have to say that I love the game and I have lots of fun whenever I get to play it. Whether it lives up to the hype of $12M Kickstarter or not, it is up to you to decide, but I can definitively recommend it.

We have been playing with the unpainted miniatures for quite some time until the other day I decided would just speed paint the ones we use or have used, which is just three for now: Deathwalker, Geminate and Banner Spear. When I say speed paint I really mean it: I spent 30 minutes on each figure and I used a single half bent size 4 brush todo all of that, focusing on getting just the shapes and colours right, without any details. They look nice on the table and honestly nothing more is required. I will try to find the time to paint the rest as we use them.

All painted in 2024.









No comments:

Post a Comment