Monday 15 January 2024

Terrain for Kings of War project

I have had on my to-do list for a few years already painting my terrain for 40K and Fantasy. I have always prioritized painting the figures rather than the terrain, and I never found the energy for it. Now that I have an airbrush I might do it -eventually.
But for small scale (10mm) I always had the impression painting terrain should be a breeze, nice and easy. And I was right! To motivate myself I decided not only to join a small-scale tournament but also to offer a fully painted table to the organization, so in fact I was forced to paint my terrain!

I base coated all in black. The woods and flat hills had then a layer of brown with the airbrush, after that a few layers of drybrush, apply grass and done! For the houses, I painted all base colours, applied washes, varnish, pigments and varnish again and it was done. I wanted to give the houses a look similar to old stone houses in England or north of France, very humid and with lots of moss, but I think I overdid it! I tried to tune it down a bit but I was not really very successful, in the end I fumbled that and decided to leave it "as is".
The job is not fancy and will not pass any close-up test, but it looks ok on the table. 

Painted in 2024









No comments:

Post a Comment