Friday 18 June 2021

Black Templars: Kill Team (II)

A while ago I showed here the very first miniatures of my Primaris-only Kill Team from the Black Templars Chapter.

After having painted the whole box of Blood Bowl I continue plowing through my pile of shame and next in line is the Kill Team.

Today I am sharing the Reavers. After the amount of time I spent on the Blood Bowl team, I was very happy to paint these guys fast and without worrying too much about details since I was looking for a grimdark Blanchitsu style with is not "beautiful and clean" but rather dirty and weathered.

Here is a quick overview of the painting recipe.

  • The armour is painted by applying with dark grey some rough lights, then glazing everything with black. The crosses and details like handwriting are done after the glazing but before the weathering.
  • Metals are painted TMM and then Nuln Oil on top.
  • Leather is painted in various shades of brown starting from dark brown chocolate and adding dents and chips to simulate wear and tear.
  • Shoulder plates and any other white details are painted with light grey, then details are done freehand, after that Agrax to weather it and some glazes of other colours to make it more rich, like oxide, yellow and orange and browns.
  • Armour details: oxide (orange mixed with brown) glazing is applied between armour plates. Finally with medium grey some edge highlight is applied.
  • The bases are like the ones from Walking Dead, with Astrogranite technical paint, some light grey drybrush, then some dark wash and finally some pigments that also cover partially the feet.

I am quite satisfied with how they turned out and the next one is already on the painting table!

Painted in 2021







No comments:

Post a Comment