Monday 28 June 2021

Black Templars: Kill Team (IV)

This miniature is the last one (for now) for my Black Templars Kill Team.

He is a Librarian, so he can be field as a Commander of type Librarian in Kill Team.

As some of you may know, the Black Templars chapter do not have Librarians, but I really wanted to paint one, and also, I remembered that little fact when I had him already prepared and primed! So, I went through the lore of the Templars and found out that they do not have good relationships with most of other chapters, save for the successors of the Imperial Fists. Among those, probably the Crimson Fists are the ones with best relationship.

Therefore, I sat down and decided that my Crusader Kill Team got the task to help / retrieve a Librarian from the Crimson Fists Chapter that had uncover critical intel, and help him get safe back to his Chapter. That way, I can easily have him in my games as an ally.

The paint scheme is very different as you can see, since the Crimson Fists adhere to the Codex, and therefore the Librarians are clad in blue. I also did not want to add excessive weathering like the Black Templars have, so I decided to add some scratches on the armour, a little bit more than a few scratches on the leather cloth and some dust on the feet. He clearly stands out next to his Crusader colleagues, which is exactly what I wanted to have.

I tried using a decal for the shoulder pad but it was bending at weird angles so in the end, I was forced to freehand it. I am satisfied with the end result, there is a close-up below.

Painted in 2021






The whole gang

No comments:

Post a Comment