Friday 5 February 2021

Blood Bowl Second Season Challenge


For this year, 50% of the miniatures I want to paint are for Blood Bowl.

In order to make things more interesting, I decided to make a Challenge with DarthBlu. We both got our claws on a shiny Blood Bowl Second Edition box and decided that we would paint everything this year.

The Challenge will be as follows:

  1. we will paint the figures according to a schedule
  2. we will start painting at the same time
  3. at the end of the week we will post the results in our blogs and in Atalaya Vigia
    • we will make a poll to see who had the best painted figures for each week
  4. enjoy a fully painted BB2020 at the end!
"Stunned" rule: we can decide to skip one week at any given time without losing as there is one extra week in the schedule.

The schedule will be as follows:
  1. Referees
  2. 3 Black orcs
  3. 3 Black orcs
  4. 6 Goblins
  5. Troll
  6. Varag
  7. 4 Linemen
  8. 4 Bodyguard
  9. 2 Blitzers and 2 Throwers
  10. Ogre
  11. Griff
  12. Extra
Total time: 12 weeks (3 months) including the extra week required for the "Stunned" rule.

Here are the photos of the unpainted miniatures we will be painting week on week.

Referees



Black Orcs

These guys are awesome and the main reason why I wanted to have this team. I have not made any change ot them although there are only three models, I felt like having different heads would be enough.



Goblins

Again, as with the Black Orcs, I changed nothing. Since they all have different heads it should be enough variety.


Troll

I don't really like this miniature. The pose is quite weird and difficult to understand, let's see how I can tackle it properly.


Varag

This one will be quite the challenge. The guy is massive and with lots of details. I think it is just too much for Blood Bowl.


Linemen

Since these are exactly the same figures I applied some minor changes to add variety to them. One of the linemen has an eagle on the chest while the other one doesn't. As for the other two figures, I added some minor details with greenstuff.


Bodyguards

Here we have the same problem, so I added a couple of beards to change the faces at least.


Blitzers and Throwers

In this case I changed the hairstyle of one of the Throwers and added a different type of beard to one Blitzer.


Ogre

No changes on this one, as it is a great model.


Griff

I decided not to use the eagle that goes with him since it is way over the top for my taste. I think it looks better without it.



We hope to start the challenge in late February or beginning of March, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment