Monday 22 February 2021

BB Second Season Challenge (I)

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am running a challenge to paint the whole BB2020 box.

For the first week, I have painted the referees.

I tried my best with the Dwarf. To be honest, it has been quite a while since I simply had fun painting something and spent as much time as I wanted, it was really refreshing and I think I managed to push my limits. After so much time painting "as fast as I could", painting with leisure and using a wet palette was refreshing and makes me want to push my own limits.

It is inspired on the one painted by VMan that I saw on Twitter. You can see of course that his is much better, but overall I think I managed to convey the same idea. If you are not following him, just do it, he posts really cool painted miniatures.

As I am running a challenge with DarthBLU, you can see his painted referees here the post in the forum to vote, here (in spanish).

In retrospect, I should have picked a brighter colour for the beard, like orange for example. And maybe paint something in one of the books on the side, instead of writing something up (LABB) that almost nobody can read.

I somehow did not manage to keep up my inspiration with the Elf. I am by far not as satisfied as with the Dwarf, but at least is finished. For the elf I tried applying texture to the feather, I think in hand it looks ok but in the picture it looks quite messy to be honest. The face was a botched-up job and I should have just redone it, but I was tired of it already. Next one will be better I hope.

Painted in 2021







No comments:

Post a Comment