Monday 14 December 2020

Chainrasps

I managed to get my hands on a few numbers of the Mortal Realms collection.

Here are ten Chainrasps that come from issue #1. At a cost of 1,99€ not buying them was like losing money :)

I experimented with them a little bit and asked around with a few test colour schemes until I got them exactly like I wanted. It turns out that they are extremely fast to paint. And I really mean it, each one takes roughly 15 minutes, excluding drying time.

To be honest of course the end result is quite rough, but can be easily improved by cleaning up the messy drybrush and doing proper highlights. That would turn the figures from "horribly painted" to "acceptable tabletop".

This experiment has helped me check that I could get an Army painted in no time with this quality. Which for a Nighthaunt Army due to the look n' feel it has I guess it's ok. But let's not go there yet.

The step by step is:

  1. White base coat
  2. Paint base and details using grey for stone + dark tone wash. Bone and Brown for bones. Green + dark tone wash + yellow highlight for bushes
  3. Gold from Game Color on weapons
  4. Paint white over any mistakes done on previous steps
  5. Paint Nihilak Oxide (from Citadel) over all white and gold areas
  6. Paint Night Blue from Game Color on the cloth
  7. Highlight with light grey or grey + white the cloth and the green areas either with dry brush or fine edge highlight
Without further ado here are the photos.






Painted in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment