Monday 15 June 2020

HeroQuest: Orcs

Here are the first painted figures from the HeroQuest set, the Orcs!
They are the first monopose Orcs I have painted since the late 90s... back when I had a Fantasy Orcs & Goblins Army. I have to say, I did not miss painting these :)

In any case, I have followed a straight-forward recipe.
Straps and boots in browns.
Classic Green Goblin and Green Wash for skin.
Boltgun metal and bronze for metals.
The only thing worth mentioning is the base, as I did a bit of freehand there to give some texture as it is otherwise just a chunk of flat plastic. I played with a few different options until I found the combination I liked. It is basically grey with a few thin layers of dark washes and light grey for the individual bricks. 

Let's continue now with the rest of the Greenskins.





Painted in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment