Wednesday 6 May 2020

Warcry: Iron Golems

Here is the very first band I have painted for Warcry!

I bought the Starter Set and one of the targets of the year is to paint them along with the Chaotic Beasts. As I do not like too much the other band that comes with the Starter, the Untamed Beasts, I decided to sell them and buy another one to pair them against my Golems.

I followed the step by step shown here, taking some licenses. I tried a few new things that worked out quite well, like the skin tone, which is great because I will be reusing the recipe for the zombies, and some other things that did not worked out so well, like the purple for the armour with see-through metal. Instead of looking like chips of the color, it looks like I made a poor job at painting it. Oh well, you learn more from your mistakes than from the things you do well, they say...

I like how they look like anyway, with the pale bleached skin and the shiny metal. I was not sure about adding blood and gore and in the end I decided not to, I might come back to that some time in the future.

The recipe for the skin is:
  1. Basecoat light grey
  2. Sepia wash thinned down with medium
  3. Base with light grey
  4. Highlight with pure white
Varying the degree of mix in step #2 you get darker skin tones, like the one used on the Ogre or Dwarf.














No comments:

Post a Comment