Wednesday 24 April 2019

Siver Tower: Skavens

After having completed my Space Hulk and the Genestealer Cult Kill Team, I am going to push hard to meet the third milestone of my year objectives before the end of June!

The first two figures from Silver Tower that I decided to tackle are the Skavens. I made two big mistakes with them and as a result, I am extremely unsatisfied with how they look like. In any case, I am not repainting them, they are now on the painted pile and there is no coming back from there!

The first issue is the base. I wanted to try something different for the Silver Tower bases, to use some stone texture on them. I bought a plasticard sheet with stone texture and used a bit of it to try to simulate stones partially covered with sand and cracked earth. The result is not good and I won't be repeating it. I have decided to use the same technique for the base as with my chaos warband, so that I can mix the figures with them.

The second mistake was the choice of technique to paint the skin. These skavens are not covered by fur, like the classic ones that I use to paint, therefore, I tried to use the same style and it simply did not work out. I should have just painted the whole skin in a different way. But by the time I realized the mistake, I was already 1h into it and as my limit for this year is 1h per miniature, I decided I would leave them like that, and learn from the mistake for the future.

Without more preamble, here are the two Skavens.




Painted in 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment