Friday 18 September 2020

The Walking Dead Scenery

Here is the very first post of painted TWD!

I have decided to start with the scenery to warm up. Although they are quite straight forward to paint, I decided to take my time and enjoy doing them. I used plenty of pigments on the cars and let my imagination go wild with the dirt and blood splatters. Hopefully, I did not overdo it, as it is easy to go down that path.

A few minor details were added here and there, to add a little bit of "life" into the figures and give them some context, as if each piece would tell a story. Some warnings here and there, a blood pattern of someone trying to escape and a few pieces of cloth used to sleep or hide. In the comics the scenario is always like that so I am trying to capture the same feeling. I want to add in the future a few leaves and pieces of paper, plastic and such to simulate a bit of garbage accumulated over time. But that will come in later as I will do it at the same time I do it for the bases of the rest of the gang.

Here are the photos, unfortunately, I have not captured properly the colours. The blue of the pickup is totally off and the black of the Mercedes looks very different as well

















Now, onto the zombies!

No comments:

Post a Comment