Wednesday 16 October 2024

Questoris Knights

Honestly, after having tried Knights and Titans in Legions Imperialis I am not sure that they are worth their points, but I still like to have them as part of the Army. They have a tendency to die very fast without killing enough enemy points but I just love them.

They belong to the Ærthegn House, same as the Knight I painted for 28mm scale for my Sons of Horus Army (see here and here).
They were painted quite fast following this recipe:
  1. Paint all metal areas with Boltgun metal
  2. Nuln oil wash
  3. Dark brown wash on some areas
  4. Paint black all armour panels
  5. Paint base following the same recipe as the rest of the Army
  6. Add red stripes and details to armour
  7. Paint details (some gold, blue for windows, etc)
  8. Add light weathering to weapons and exhausts
  9. Add decals
  10. Varnish
This is also the first time that I have used Microsol for decals to make sure they adapt to non-flat surfaces like the pauldrons and other areas of the miniature, after having read about it for years and being skeptical I must say I am deeply impressed by the results. After applying a couple of thin layers the decal pretty much dissolves and blends into the colours that you have painted so it looks like a freehand. The only thing that pops out is the white, which I tuned down with a very thin layer of watered black. After that, they were ready for battle!

One thing to mention is that I did not have proper decals for the house symbol so it is the only thing that is freehand from the miniature, aside from the red/black/yellow stripes of course.







No comments:

Post a Comment