Wednesday 15 February 2023

Dunwich

Today I bring something very special for me, a bust! Well, it is a micro-bust in fact, with a total height of 37mm but still, a bust. It is one of the "special projects" I wanted to do someday, and I am happy to report that the day finally arrived!

One of the members of the International Tabletop Gaming Club Berlin that I belong to organized a beginners workshop and I decided to sign up. All participants got two colours, the bust already prepared and primed and we spent roughly 6 hours in the course with several breaks here and there learning the basics about shading, colour theory and many other useful things. I can't wait to go to another session like that, it was a lot of fund and great experience to get away from my comfort zone of pure wargame figures painting.

The chosen bust is Dunwich from Insomnia. I am really happy with the quality both on the sculpt and the materials and I had so much fun that I think I will buy another one as soon as I can.

This is also the first miniature I paint in 2023 and it will be a while until I paint another one as this year is complicated in terms of real life matters©.

You can see a bit of the step by step below, also good reference for me to check the shading and the different highlights. At the end you can see also all other busts painted in the workshop.

Last thing to mention is that I was not entirely happy with the colour I chose for the hair so a couple of days after the workshop I decided to repaint it. That is why you will see different hair colour between the step-by-step and the final pictures.

Total painting time was something between 4 to 5 hours, so for that time invested I am quite happy with the results. Now I only need to attach him to a proper nice plinth.

Painted in 2023.


Thanks to the size I could paint the eyes including iris and reflection


Lots of stippling and little wear and tear damages on the coat were applied












The two busts on the right were painted by the organizer, one as guideline before the workshop and the other one live during the workshop itself

No comments:

Post a Comment