Wednesday 4 December 2019

Genestealers (IV)

Here are another five Genestealers for the second unit. This unit already contains two Genestealers from the original Kill Team. I can differentiate them by checking the weapons, this unit does not have scything talons.
There is an easter egg in this picture. I found in my bitz box a Genestealer from the old Space Crusade without head... I decided to attach a Cthulhu-like head and bring him back to the gaming boards after probably something like 20 years in a box. A well deserved return to life!
Funnily enough, it is difficult to spot him among his brothers, the sculpt has aged quite nicely.


Unfortunately, I have not found yet the remaining 13, therefore I can't finish the unit before the end of the year as I was planning. I am painting now the Broodlord so I think I will finish all* Tyranids from the Army on time for Xmas.

Updated progress on the Army... over 50% painted already!

Done (52)
  • 27 Genestealers
  • 3 Ripper Swarms
  • 1 Patriarch
  • 1 Neurothrope
  • 1 Primus
  • 10 Neophyte
  • 10 Aberrants

Pending (38)
  • 13 Genestealers*
  • 1 Broodlord
  • 1 Abominant
  • 20 Neophyte
  • 1 Clamavus
  • 1 Kelermorph
  • 1 Metamorph (just added it as standard bearer)
Painted in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment