Monday 20 February 2017

Verminlord

This is the last miniature I have painted for the Skaven project!
I will post more about my final thoughts on the project in another post, so for now, I will just focus on the miniature.

I was not sure whether to add the Verminlord or not to the Army, as it is an iconic figure from 4th ed. but I have mixed feelings about it. As I got it in the last lot I bought I decided to give it a try and see how it turned out.

I have changed slightly the pose and have magnetized the right arm so that I can store it easily. A bit of greenstuff was used to model some additional fur to make the joints of the different parts smoother.

The colour scheme follows the same pattern that I used for the rest of the army, but with a more crude approach. The different colours are applied with less of a shade to go for a stark contrast between the different tones of the skin, from chocolate dark brown to flesh. The different bells and chains are painted using the same techniques as for the rest of the Army, using extreme weathering.

The last touch was to put a poison globe in the base, next to two plastic giant rats.

The Verminlord adds 600 points to a 4th ed. Army and it does not exist on 3rd ed. but it could be used as a "count as" figure to proxy a Chimera for example for a total of 250 points.

Painted in 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment