Monday 10 April 2017

Abaddon and Loken

For today I am sharing the fabulous kit from Forge World for Abaddon and Loken.

I have made a small change, which is placing Loken in a bigger base as when it was released the bases for marines were still the smaller ones.
Because of this, Loken no longer fits in the hole of the bigger scenic area, but I think it is still worth it as I will use him out of the scenic base most of the time.

I have painted Loken in the classic green armour, and I have tried to keep the damage to the bare minimum compared to other marines from my Army.  I have applied several layers of enamel to make the weathering on the cape smoother, hopefully achieving a nice effect.





Abaddon is painted in the black of the Justaerin, with a red shoulder pad, which will be how I will paint the remainder Cataphractii Terminators I have.


Not a great success, but I am still learning wet blending. Every now and then I try new techniques, so that I keep improving bit by bit



Here you can see the scenic base view. On the left the base of Loken is clearly too big for that gap.




And finally here is a comparison between Abaddon from Horus Heresy and the one from Games Workshop, which I showed in a post here. It seems that 10,000 years makes your head shrink!


Abaddon costs 215 points and Loken 175. I hope to paint soon the Justaerin and field them in the battlefield!

Painted in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment