Friday 28 October 2016

Magnetising Marines from Betrayal at Calth

For the same reason why I magnetized the Terminators I wanted to do it with the Marines: maximum flexibility for the weapon options.

Even though I have already painted a couple of Sergeants, for the remaining ones I wanted to have the option to field them with Power Fist and Boltpistol or with Bolter.
Same thing for the Centurion, that I sometimes field simply with a Sword and Boltpistol.


All options arranged.

Centurion with Boltpistol and Chainsword
 I also modified the Centurion from the box so that the original weapon can be used in addition to any weapon used by any of the other Sergeants, so the polarity of the magnets is carefully considered to allow for all weapons to fit in all arms.

Combi-weapon and Power Sword

Original setup


For the regular Marines I wanted the option to field them with different special weapons. Therefore I put magnets on the Melta, Flamers, Volkites and regular Bolters.
Basically because Melta, Volkites and Flamers are not going to be part of my regular options, but I might use them, therefore when I do not need those, they will use Bolters.
Additionally I added magnets to the Vexillas, so I can decide when and how to use them.


Example of each type of weapon and Vexilla
And lastly I added magnets to the Traitor Librarian in Terminator Armour. Basically because it is impossible to store and transport if you glue it together.



4 comments:

  1. Bueno, qué tontería. Veo que los has magnetizado todos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sé si se ha borrado el anterior mensaje.... que desastre. En fin, veo que loshas magnetizado todos. Merece la pena para una escuadra? No estaría bien dejar unos pocos con bolter y ahorrar trabajo? No conozco el reglamento en profundidad, me gustan los marines más como modelismo que para jugarlos.
    Un saludo y gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Antonio.
      En realidad no los he magnetizado todos. Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que no merece la pena magnetizar todos.
      Tengo como 25 con bólter y otros 5 con rifles de plasma que están pegados.
      He magnetizado todos los que suelo variar el equipamiento para poder ponerles diferentes armas, incluyendo la opción de bólter también.

      Es decir, las vexilla, porque no siempre las uso. Los rifles de fusión, lanzallamas y volkites y el equipamiento de los sargentos. Al final sólo tienen imanes los que están en este post, pero todos los demás no.

      Delete
    2. Muchas gracias. Un blog estupendo

      Delete